Our Commitment to Privacy
Last updated October 11, 2021
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Services or Apps or otherwise contacting us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the services you use.
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted by Istmo Bungalows. On some pages, you can make make a booking, request information, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages and forms are:
- Your name, email, contact details, date, and country.
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made.
- Your payment card details.
- Any information necessary to fulfill special requests.
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website. You may be required, for example, to provide financial information before making a reservation through our website.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use personal information collected for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
Istmo Yoga and Adventure Bungalows may use your information:
- To process and respond to inquiries and for the purposes for which you provided the information, such as to sign you up for our newsletter, book a vacation rental, or receive information about our services.
- To personalize the content and improve the navigability of the website.
- To alert you to new specials, site features, special events and services.
- To conduct surveys to measure your satisfaction with our service.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services or Apps.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
We use the information you provide about yourself when completing a registration form or when signing up for our newsletter. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete your reservation.
You can register with our website if you would like to receive our e-newsletters as well as updates on our services.
- DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
Istmo Bungalows does not knowingly collect information from or market to minors under 18 years of age, without the explicit permission from a parent or legal guardian. If you are under 18, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to Istmo.
If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you have the right to inform your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have other questions or concerns about the Istmo Bungalows Policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +507 6387-9855 (Panama).